Sunday, April 16, 2017

Final Entry

Day Forty
(excitement)

This is it. I'm done with my project. Right before I went to Orlando, my dad bought be a laptop which was a blessing. I took my footage with me and planned to edit but I didn't anticipate just how rigorous the programming class was, so I only edited around 15 seconds of footage on the trip. As soon as I got back however, I dedicated all my time to editing. It is currently 10:34 PM and all my project components are don. The CCR and video are being uploaded as I'm typing this to YouTube and my following blog posts will have them included.

It was a journey. The editing process had me wanting to rip something into shreds. But I got it finished and I am pleased with the result. I still don't know how other people will react to it, but that's how I felt last year and all went well for me. The poster was an absolute nightmare to make. I had all these pictures I took on the day of Omar's game I knew would be the ones I use for the project, but I didn't really plan out how I would make it come together. At first I thought I would use paint, but it gave me no artistci freedom and all of it's fonts were too basic. Then I went online to try and fine a website where I could make one on the web. The only good one I found would run me 40 dollars so i decided to use my digital art skills to some use and downloaded the trail version of Adobe Illustrator and did it there. I am pleased at how they came out, especially the cool lower part of the alternate one I made.

After exporting my documentary today, I almost had a heart attack as the video and audio did not sync up whatsoever after the first minute. I thought it would be a nightmare to fix but all I had to do was separate the audio from the files and export again which took me no more than 5 minutes.

Last year, I tried to do my CCR with no script and wasted an hour fumbling over my words. So guess what I tried to do this year? The exact same thing! After four takes however, I realized it wouldn't work and just decided to write my script. I feel like I covered all bases and I kept it at 15 minutes exactly which was an absolute miracle.

Overall, I had a good time making it and I'm honestly sad I won't be doing another project like this in this class again. I loved this class and I can really say it changed my perception on a lot of things, especially my future and career choices. I would like to thank Omar, Joel, Ms. Stoklosa(immense gratitude to you as both a teacher and person), my parents, Lil Wolf, and my parents

Signing off,
Jose Puche

No comments:

Post a Comment