Sunday, April 9, 2017

Entry Fourteen

Day Thirty-Two
(that's it right there)

Today was a pretty uneventful day but I there was some progress. With spring break and my trip to Orlando creeping up, I really have to wrap up my filming soon. Today I found out I'm taking a bus to Orlando so my freedom as far as where I can go to film while I'm there is limited, but I can still get decent footage on the way there. I have filmed a lot of "on the road" b roll which is symbolic for Omar's journey and something I would use as transition if I were to produce the whole documentary. It really is unfortunate that I don't have a laptop, as I could use all my time holed up in the hotel room editing. But, it's really not a big deal, just another road block and an initiative to really grind the final days of the project. But back to what I did today. On my way to school I got some footage of Cypress Bay and it's student body. Omar went to Cypress and I can use that footage as cutaways while he speaks on it. I filmed the crowbar close up and decided that I can't do the stylized reenactment without it looking stupid with my gear, so again, it's something I would do with a budget if I were to complete the whole documentary. After Omar told me about his mentor and someone who "taught him what it is to be a man", a football coach at Cypress called Coach E, I tried to find him and potentially ambush him for an interview about Omar. No one seemed to know who I was talking about however. I have so much footage at this point, but how much of it can I really use? Hopefully nothing new come in my way and I'll find time to edit tomorrow, but with deadlines for a lot of work being tomorrow, I feel I'll have to manage my time.

 Anyways, I feel I've kept whoever reads this blog in the dark for too long, so here's quick some behind the scenes footage at Omar's house. His son, Santi, kept interrupting us, but it's really hard to get mad at him. The thumbnail I'm currently seeing of the video looks to be of the poorest quality, and I hope it wont look like that on my blog. If so, I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment