Sunday, April 9, 2017

Entry Fifteen

Day Thirty-Five
(I hate football)


A random day of filming occurred today. Yesterday I asked Omar if he could film but he was working, he told me if he had a delivery, I could be a ride along. But, there was no phone call, Stressing over the fact that I only have one day of filming pretty much, I  knew I had to do something today. I hit him up, hoping for an answer that pleased me. And let me tell you, I was. Not only did Omar have a football game today and not only was it one of the few football games in the same county as me, but it was also the last one he would be doing all year. I couldn't believe my luck(or the fact that Omar didn't tell me about the game earlier). Luckily my schedule was free and I immediately drove over to his house so we could go out to the High School where the game was being held at the same time. He comes out of the house with a gleaming smile (his grillz were in today) and told me

"Make me look good today, you already know I'm going to be crushing sh*t".

Alas, his team suffered a crushing defeat, but it was not a complete loss on my part. I got fantastic footage of the game, the neighborhood where the game was being held in, and made some new friends. Sadly, Omar got an ankle injury early in the game(that I didn't document because I was busy looking back at footage I just took) and was taken out of the game. After a little pain relief and some rest, he was back in the game like a trooper and committed a fantastic run to sack the quarterback. I got a really good sideline interview at halftime of his charisma. With his team down and an ankle injury holding him back, the whistle blows and he looks at me, smiles, and goes "back at it". That's what I want to show. His overwhelming love for what he's good at and his optimism of everything in life. He made everyone around him a better person, and made sure I felt welcome in a place where I don't exactly blend in. After some banter with the football team and nearly every single one of them telling me to "make sure I got them in it" or "make me famous", I left the game and drove home

No comments:

Post a Comment