Friday, March 10, 2017

Entry Three

Day Six
(money)


     Something that I have been considering about when it comes to final project decision is how well they will each translate to a viable and sounds marketing plan I can present in the project parts that require me to make a website and poster. The Last Night idea I have has some good ideas using social media and hastags, since social medias are the largest cultivation of strangers anywhere. Using them to connect among themselves and encouraging them to share their stories online. It's a good idea, and I know how i could present it in the website portion. The subject regarding Omar however doesn't have as much creative opportunities when it comes to marketing, or I just haven't thought of anything yet. The classical methods of trailers and film festival submission would most likely be what I side to if I do choose this topic.

     More and more, Last Night is becoming the topic I really want to do. It's experimental to a minimal degree which I find could help make it something that relates more to something I myself would watch. I watch documentary films this weekend and draw ideas and inspiration. On the other hand, I read an article (which I can't find again for the life of me, I just know it was on Indiewire.com) that discussed tips for documentary film making. It said whenever anything regarding your subject is going on, film it, in case something exeodinary happens and you won't regret not having the camera rolling. I applied this on Wednesday when I visited my friend(Omar'a brother) in his art class and gave him an interview on his brother. The school setting provided a lot of background for topics I want to explore in my piece, but he didn't say anything really amazing. It could still be good B-roll if I need it to be, but I think I will be redoing this interview and incorporating him perhaps in a dual interview to juxtapose them. This weekend is critical and decisions must be made, because right now all i'm doing is expanding on two ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment