Sunday, March 19, 2017

Entry Five

Day Sixteen
(Got it)

I found something that is extremely similar to how I want to present information in my documentary. I contacted David Tucker, in order to get professional recommendations of films to watch to gather knowledge from. He told me "The most famous example that comes immediately to mind is The Thin Blue Line. It is a story of wrongful incarceration. It was groundbreaking in its day and has influenced many filmmakers since." 

Yes.

That's what I  am looking for. Thankfully it was on Netflix and I watched it, taking in every detail. Although not as contemporary as I would have liked for it to have been, it still gave me a lot of ideas about how to frame and pace interviews, how to incorporate not traditional elements(and make them blend seamlessly), "the bigger picture" of how my documentary would be as a whole if I were to produce the full piece, and dramatic reenactments (probably something I won't be able to do and something that won't really fit in my piece, but still something to think about).



Here is an excerpt from the film, the opening shots of the city along with the revolver cutaway around fifty seconds in are some concepts that I would love to incorporate in my documentary (Miami and Omar's crowbar)








  • Morris, E., Law, L., Lipson, M., Czapsky, S., Chappell, R., Barnes, P., Glass, P., ... Fourth Floor Productions. (2005). The Thin Blue Line. Santa Monica, CA: Metro Goldwyn Mayer Home Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment