Sunday, March 26, 2017

Entry Nine

Day Twenty-Five
(whuddif)






I found this opening scene from the Marcel Wehn documentary Solitude(2010) to fit in with the exact feel of how I would want mine to be. Since I plan to make my extract the opening scenes, this was extremely refreshing to find. How the subjects were introduced along with how both the diegetic and non-diegetic sound played out are exactly how I planned to execute them, cinematically. As Michael Moore said in his Indiewire article "Don’t make a documentary — make a MOVIE". 

That article is a read worth your while from THE documentary film maker. Things like how you react behind the camera is how your audience will react and not telling the audience what they already know and talking to them like they're stupid (I might have to reconsider including those facts I talked about two blog posts ago). In order to make something good, it's important to listen to the greats and thankfully in that article, Michael Moore told me his "rules for making a documentary film". 




No comments:

Post a Comment