Sunday, March 26, 2017

Entry Eight

Day Twenty-Two
(Psalm: 22)

This week has been the least uneventful when it comes to working on my project to be completely honest. I have decided (I think I decided this subconsciously a while ago) to fully immerse myself in the documentary about Omar. I might do my Last Night idea just for fun though. This blog post will be covering where I'm at and what I plan to do in the coming week. I feel comfortable at where I stand, especially with the project's extension(or did I dream that), and I know that I have everything I need to make the project look exactly how I want it to (fisheye lenses, a wide angle lens, and proficiency in final cut, thanks to a class I took this summer). Although I wanted a Sony VX-1000 for both this project and for other things I want to film this summer, I could not find one under $500 in the condition I wanted. I can easily replicate it's retro visuals in post however, so that's not a big deal. The item I really wanted to acquire before I commenced filming was a portable recorder, like this, in order to get high quality audio wherever I go. I have alternatives, although a bit bulkier, they will work. I really want to out do myself on this project and make something I'm proud of, and I'll do what it takes to not just get good technique down, but good quality in terms of audio and video.

This coming week I will begin to film. I will shadow Omar in his personal life after doing some interviews at his house. Some things I definitely want to incorporate are his son, his work environment, his mugshot, and daily routines. To have a little background on Omar, his official charge was assault with a deadly weapon, a crowbar. I've only heard the story from his little brother so I don't want to go off what he says until I actually interview Omar himself. Joel, Omar's little brother, would be a great subject to interview, but I already tried and he is not a very good speaker on camera nor do I feel him to be extremely necessary. I plan on coming forward to my school's security and the police officers who remain on campus to get their perspective on this subject. I have other friend who have been tried for cases but I feel that I should only focus on Omar. I should start fully developing a plan for marketing to make my part after filming much easier as well.

These are my tasks for next week, and I am looking forward to completing them. filming was the funnest part of my project last year and I expect it to be the same this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment