Sunday, March 19, 2017

Entry Four

Day Fourteen
(local)

Omar's  
    I want to stop and think about what I have. I live near two immense, major cities full of diverse culture, Miami and Fort Lauderdale. I own a decent DSLR, tripod, microphone, and different lenses. I have music to use for any scenes I would want to have some. I have a willing subject with an interesting and important topic. I don't exactly have the questions I want to ask him, but I know how I want to present him. I have some decisions made already, like where I want to film him and who in his life I want involved in scenes. All this together makes a solid documentary that I know for certain I can make how I visualize it in my head. I found documentaries relating to this topic I want to watch,  The House I Live In(2012) and The Work(2017). The Work debuted at SXSW just this week and I think there will be absolutely no way to watch it unless I reach out to him, which I will. The stills I have seen and the description and accompanying acclaim really make me want to see it as it sounds to be similar to what I'm going for. The five minute excerpt I want to be my final project I have decided to also be the film's introduction. At first, I was concerned about not being able to use archived footage in this project, especially since they are one of the biggest tropes when it comes to documentaries relating to social issues. Now, I'm excited to create something unconventional. Like In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, I want something nonfiction that plays like a character driven narrative. Little interviews and when they are necessary, do them as indirectly as possible, let him tell the story as much as he can.


No comments:

Post a Comment